TOPIC: Clean Inside
TOPICS

Articles
Daily Devotions
What You Think Is Important
by Janie Buck
Topic: Clean Inside
Date: 11.19.2004

When I was a little girl I took a long walk all by myself. I walked across the cotton field, climbed a fence and visited with the neighbors. On my way back home I saw my mother coming. She had a switch in one hand and I knew that meant trouble. When we met she asked me where I had been and why I didn't tell her where I was going. Then she asked if I thought I needed a spanking. Of course, I said no, I didn't. I glanced up and saw a sweet smile cross mother's pretty face. In my heart I knew that I deserved punishment but didn't want that switch on my little legs.

Mind and heart are often used in Scriptures synonymously. "As a man thinks in his heart, so is he" (Proverbs 24:7). Thoughts are forces that motivate actions. They determine our character and influence our spirit, soul and body. Only the Holy Spirit can reveal the extent of our mental unholiness. Don't be afraid to allow Him to reveal your sins. It is not to condemn or make you feel bad, but to give you a chance of confessing sin and receiving God's forgiveness. The joy of sins forgiven is better than any thing you may desire.

"If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness" (I John 1:8-9).

Don't pretend you haven't done wrong like I did as a child. There is forgiveness for anyone who admits their faults. The Lord forgives us because Jesus died for all our sins.

Put your hope in that glorious fact!

Memory Verse: "I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have One who speaks to the Father in our defense - Jesus Christ, the righteous One" (1 John 2:1)

Prayer: Father, forgive me for (be specific and name your sin). Thank you that you not only forgive me but wash me clean in your sight. Give grace that I will not fall into that trap again.

Home | About | Insights | Journal | Bookstore | Contact | Links

© 2004-2024 www.insightstofaith.com