TOPIC: Marriage
TOPICS

Articles
Daily Devotions
Help For Wives and Husbands
by Janie Buck
Topic: Marriage
Date: 08.04.2005

One man told me the first day of his honeymoon wondered, “What have I done!” How can it be that a couple that was so in love before they married have such a hard time living together?

There is help. Marriage is our Creator’s idea. He planned for a man and a woman to be so united that they would be “one flesh.” Each would complete the other and be the other half of one another.

This is only possible if both husband and wife love God first and foremost. He alone can give enduring love to last a lifetime.

Can a marriage survive without God? Yes, but the relationship is never as good as it can be when the Lord is first in each partner’s life.

Only He is patient, kind, gentle, and loves enough to put up with the aggravations that happen in your home.

Stop confessing each other’s sins. The Lord knows what you both have done. If you tell the Him how bad he/she is you are doing the devil’s work for him. Satan is the accuser. So don’t help him.

Confess your own faults, failures and actions, and you will be forgiven. The promise is, “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness” (I John 1:9).

It is a wonderful thing to be forgiven on the basis of the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. With your heart and conscience clean it is easier to say, “I’m sorry I forgot to take out the trash.” Or whatever you are being nagged about.

Leave to the Lord anything that needs “fixing” in each other. At the end of a discussion don’t ever say, “Just one more thing.” That one more thing may start the whole fight over or wound the heart of your mate.

Be quick to forgive and commit your heart to the Lord. He will keep it sweet and tender toward one another.

Love keeps no account of another person’s faults and failures. It takes God in the heart to do that. Confess your sins and ask Him to fill you with love, kindness, patience and joy.

Memory Verse: "Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you" (Ephesians 5:32)

Prayer: Father, thank you for forgiving me my sins. Give me grace that I will forgive my wife/husband the way you forgive me. Thank you that the blood of Jesus my Savior cleanses me from all sin.

Home | About | Insights | Journal | Bookstore | Contact | Links

© 2004-2024 www.insightstofaith.com